Windermere is ready to reopening following the PM’s announcement of the new roadmap out of the lockdown. We’re pleased to update everyone with our own roadmap of when Windermere businesses will reopen over the next few months!
It’s been a tough 12 months for hospitality and retail businesses in Windermere and across the Lake District. So with everyone in England locked down since December, we’re waiting in anticipation to return to the lakes.
Here is a summary of the proposed reopening dates.
Monday 12th April 2021
In summary, eating and dining will be allowed as long as it’s seating outdoor! No essential shops will be open again along with outdoor attractions and theme parks. Hair dressers and barbers will also be able to open again. All this will be allowed subject to social distancing etc.
- Outdoor dining will be allowed in restaurants, pubs and cafes in venues which can accommodate outdoor seating and necessary outdoor space.
- Non essential retail businesses
- Hair Dressers and Barbers will be open.
- Self contained holiday accommodation, including holiday lets and campsites will reopen (limited to household groups)
- Weddings and Wakes (up to 15 people)
- Outdoor attractions including theme parks and zoos
- Libraries and community centres
Monday 17th May 2021
- Hotels and B&B accommodation can open.
- Indoor seated dining/drinking will be allowed in restaurants, pubs and cafes.
- Indoor entertainment including Cinemas and Theatres can reopen
- Organised indoor Sport can start again
- Weddings and other significant life events will be allowed up to 30 people
- Outdoor entertainment such as performances can resume
Monday 21st June 2021
- Larger events including festivals and concerts can resume
- Night clubs can reopen
- No legal limits on social contact
For more details information you can also visit the Government website – click here